Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Nuestra Senora


Nuestra Senora
11 x 15
Watercolor
$125.
Teresa Beyer


A couple of weeks ago I decided to go for a bike ride along the RiverWalk. Well that section was closed and I was rerouted on to the streets. Yuck I haven’t really ridden with traffic in years. It turned out to be such a great experience I loved it. So I’m riding around and have no idea where I am and I find this great Mission.

I have a huge fondness for the Missions so this was like a treasure. I locked up my bike and went exploring, not knowing what to expect on my ride I had my phone, camera, skectchbook and water in my backpack.

The Mission was originally built in 1716 and served the Ainais tribe. In 1730 it moved to Austin and then to San Antonio in 1731. The church building was completed in 1755 and is the oldest unrestored stone church with the walls being 45inches thick in the United States.

The Mission was such a pleasure to explore. And now I have to head back to my car on my bike and have no idea where I am and how to get to my car. Thank goodness I had my phone and my GPS. Put my ear piece in and I was on my way.

Keeping the brushes wet,
Teresa



No comments:

Post a Comment