Friday Fun Day
It is cold and rainy here in San Antonio, TX and I have a lot of left side brainwork planned for the rest of the day. So I thought I would review and practice watercolor techniques and just play ~~~~ working from Joye Moons book “Exploring Textures in Watercolor.”
• Using only one color ~ ultramarine blue.
• I first drew in the horizon line.
• Painted the sky wet into wet ~ starting at the top.
• When the paint from the sky had dried a bit I created the tree line.
• Wanting to force a burst of water I added clear water to the trees trying to create an organic edge. This was successful on the second tree from the left. The others just kind of fizzed and faded.
• I then dry brushed in the foreground.
• Then the fence posts were added ~ the closest one being the darkest and working from dark to light. Larger to smaller. To give a sense of depth.
• And then the tree was painted in originally using a palette knife, but I just couldn’t get enough paint on the knife to get any good movement so I introduces a # 10 round paint brush. I still used the knife to create some texture.
And voila ~ a Friday Fun Day painting!
And now into the office.