Monday, April 8, 2013

New Studio ~ New Body of Work


While living in Ventura I was really struggling to make ends meet.
            I found myself in a constant state of fear and anxiety.
            And then a dear sweet soul made me an offer I could not refuse and I will be eternally grateful to him.
            So . . . I have moved again ~ returning to the San Fernando Valley near the neighborhood where I grew up.
            All these moves are making me feel like a gypsy.



Love my new studio ~ it really embraces me.
I’ve decided to create a new body of work ~ returning to florals.
            Here is my most recent, painted in Ventura before the move to the SFV.
“Lily”

Here is Chloe my assistant helping with the colour palette selection.

And today’s warm up and exercise ~ Rose 1. I decided to use a delicate palette of Genuine Rose Madder, Aureolin and Cobalt Blue. I felt the shading was getting away from me and in places it was getting a bit muddy.

I’m looking forward to staying here and really growing some roots and getting some stability. Expressing artistically as a mature artist where just maybe you the viewer can relate to the finished piece as restful and nurturing. Lets see.

Keeping the brushes wet ~
Teresa










No comments:

Post a Comment